A recent one was this chickpea scramble that contained a tin of chickpeas, spinach, chopped frozen vegies, passata, turmeric and nutritional yeast. It didn't taste too bad.
Tonight I faced a similar problem. Wanting to make a cottage pie, I was short on potatoes and carrots. I sauteed some onions and garlic and let my imagination run wild. I came up with a tasty bean soup.
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 litre of vegetable stock (ALDI brand)
- 1 tin of white beans
- 1 tin of red kidney beans
- 3 vegan sausages (sliced)
- 2 cups of the cheapest frozen mixed vegetables you can find (I went with safeway's home brand)
- Olive oil
Heat up oil in pot and add onions and garlic. Add the rest of the ingredients once onions are translucent. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
I also baked a nice loaf of sourdough on the weekend that I was quite happy with.