Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Souper meals

I'm a big fan of randomness when it comes to cooking as I rarely have all the ingredients for a dish I would like to make. When this is the case I usually just chuck stuff together and hope for the best.

A recent one was this chickpea scramble that contained a tin of chickpeas, spinach, chopped frozen vegies, passata, turmeric and nutritional yeast. It didn't taste too bad.



Tonight I faced a similar problem. Wanting to make a cottage pie, I was short on potatoes and carrots. I sauteed some onions and garlic and let my imagination run wild. I came up with a tasty bean soup.


Ingredients:

  • 2 onions (chopped)
  • 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
  • 1 litre of vegetable stock (ALDI brand)
  • 1 tin of white beans
  • 1 tin of red kidney beans
  • 3 vegan sausages (sliced)
  • 2 cups of the cheapest frozen mixed vegetables you can find (I went with safeway's home brand)
  • Olive oil
Method:

Heat up oil in pot and add onions and garlic. Add the rest of the ingredients once onions are translucent. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes.

I also baked a nice loaf of sourdough on the weekend that I was quite happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment